[erlang-questions] RNG (Random Number Generator) used in Erlang SSL module

Kenji Rikitake kenji.rikitake@REDACTED
Tue Apr 26 08:57:58 CEST 2011

++> Kaiduan Xie <kaiduanx@REDACTED> [2011-04-15 23:14:00 -0400]:
> I am wondering what is the RNG used in Erlang SSL module. What is the
> performance? I am investigating to see if a server can accept 1M TLS
> connections in 15 minutes. Someone reminded me that RNG may be the
> issue. What do you think? Please share your experience, and idea.

For keeping the keys secure crypto:rand_bytes/1
(or even crypto:strong_rand_bytes/1 in a recent "dev" branch of
 Erlang GitHub repository (I presume it for R14B03))
is the only selection, and it will lead to use /dev/random on
UNIX variants.

FYI
Kenji Rikitake