[erlang-questions] Specifying 'erts' as an application

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon Apr 25 15:23:20 CEST 2011

I will venture a guess.

ERTS was perceived from the beginning as the "master environment" in which applications ran, but has increasingly come to be treated as one of several applications. From that perspective, it's not unreasonable to think that it could be named as one.

OTOH, 'erts' is actually a perfectly valid application name, so one may assume that there is some user out there who has defined such an application, and is referring to it in a thousand different places ;-)

BR,
Ulf W