[erlang-questions] Typespecs export not working as intended?

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Mon Apr 18 13:03:53 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have ran into a weird issue while refactoring the type specs in a project.

It seems types in a module can be used even if they are not exported
using export_type. Neither of the compiler or dialyzer are complaining
about it.

For example, module a declares a type my_type(), module b uses it with
a:my_type(), no export_type in module, yet it still works.

Is that normal? The documentation clearly states that types should be
exported.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend