[erlang-questions] Quick question about resetting shells

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Mon Apr 18 01:04:01 CEST 2011

My development cycle is:

1) start app in shell
2) change code
3) type make() into the shell
4) test the new code

How?

Take a look at the docs for user_default in the OTP docs. I have a few
useful simple "comfort" calls like this added to my user_default
module (which on my ERL_LIBS path). e.g.

-module(user_default).
-compile(export_all).

....other useful commands

make() ->
	{ok, WorkingDir} = file:get_cwd(),
	case file:read_file_info("Emakefile") of
		{ok, _} -> io:format("Emake ~p~n", [WorkingDir]);
		{error, _} -> io:format("~p~n", [WorkingDir])
	end,
	make:all([load]).

hth,
/s