[erlang-questions] Re: extract and parsing megaco message from pcap file

Michael Santos michael.santos@REDACTED
Thu Apr 7 14:58:51 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 01:47:42PM +0200, Zsolt Czinkos wrote:
> Hello
>
> Anyone has ever done something similar to this?
>
> I'd like to process pcap files containing megaco messages (among
> others). I'd like to filter and extract and parse megaco messages from
> this file and produce some human readable format.

For reading the pcap files, you could use epcap (which uses libpcap)
or Anders Nygren's pran (which reads the pcap file using Erlang):

https://github.com/msantos/epcap
https://github.com/nygge/pran

For fun, I've used epcap to dump HTTP responses, doing the parsing with
httpc (httpc is awesome!):

https://github.com/msantos/perv

You might be able to do something similar and pass off the data to the
Erlang megaco module but I don't know anything about megaco.