[erlang-questions] Re: how do I get escript to emit all output before exiting?

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Tue Apr 5 19:30:20 CEST 2011

Mike Oxford <moxford@REDACTED> wrote:

mo> What about having init:halt() send a sync'd message to the group
mo> leader to shut down?

mo> Once the group leader shuts down and returns then init:halt() will
mo> exit.

Hm.  There may be multiple group leader processes in a VM, so then the
problem becomes how to identify all of them (without false positives)
and notice when they're all dead (assuming that you can indeed make them
stop nicely) and deal somehow with the ones that refuse to die promptly
(whatever promptly means).  I haven't peeked into how difficult it'd be,
but it's likely more than 2-lines-of-code difficult.  :-)

-Scott