[erlang-questions] application resource file

Wes James comptekki@REDACTED
Mon Apr 4 21:28:09 CEST 2011

The docs here:

http://www.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/applications.html

say:

for the application part of the file:

applications
All applications which must be started before this application is started. ....

but when I do application:start(myapp) with sasl in the applications
section of the arf then I get an error {error,{not_started,sasl}}.  If
I manually start sasl, application:start(sasl), then run
application:start(myapp), then I don't get this error.  The docs say
that items in this section will be started up before myapp starts.  It
doesn't seem to be that way.

-wes