[erlang-questions] Re: Configuring sasl to write rb-compatible logs

Siri Hansen erlangsiri@REDACTED
Mon Apr 4 12:10:14 CEST 2011

Having had a closer look at this, I think that the error reason from rb is
ok. From rb's point of view the problem is actually that it can not read the
index file.

However, as it is now, the sasl application will

- successfully start, and add the log_mf_h report handler, if all three
environment variables are given with valid values
- successfully start, but not add the log_mf_h report handler, if some or
all of the three environment variables are missing
- fail to start if any of the three environment variables are given with an
invalid value

I actually think that the startup of sasl should fail also in the case when
some *but not all* of the three environment variables are given. I will
correct that.

Regards
/siri