[erlang-questions] Re: wxFrame:new() -- i.e. no arguments -- does what, exactly?

Ale peralta.alejandro@REDACTED
Fri Apr 1 16:58:14 CEST 2011

2011/4/1 Michael Turner <michael.eugene.turner@REDACTED>:

> The WxWidgets API permits a wxFrame:new() call, and wxWidgets seems to offer
> reasonable defaults in this case, at least according to the C++ API
> documentation.  But when I do a wxFrame:show on the return value of
> wxFrame:new(), nothing shows up.  At the very least, I think there should be
> a frame without a title.  Is this a bug in the Erlang API or does it just
> reflect some foible of wxWidgets I don't know about and that isn't clearly
> documented?

I'm not sure when you would use it (probably so you can pass
references to callbacks) but I think the idea is so you can have a two
step construction of the frame (which the original wx in C++ allows)

Something like that:

20> wx:new().
{wx_ref,0,wx,[]}
21> Frame5 = wxFrame:new().
{wx_ref,35,wxFrame,[]}
22> wxFrame:create(Frame5, wx:null(), 1042, "blah").
true
23> wxFrame:show(Frame5).

and that should display the frame

cheers,