[erlang-questions] Re: [erlang-questions 71] Erlang release generation

Håkan Mattsson hm@REDACTED
Fri Apr 1 14:26:55 CEST 2011

2011/3/29 Per Melin <per.melin@REDACTED>:
> While we're on the subject, here are a couple of minor gotchas that
> could possibly be improved in future versions of reltool:
>
> 1. Where the .rel is placed.
> A release named "foo" with version "001" created with
> reltool:create_target/2 in target directory "foo_001" will get this
> .rel file: foo_001/releases/001/foo.rel
>
> But that is not what release_handler expects. So you need to move
> and possibly rename the file to:
> foo_001/foo_001.rel

This has never been properly tested. You are probably the first one
that ever tried to upgrade a target system generated by reltool. It
would be really nice if someone could contribute  a test case for this,
including target generation and upgrade...

/Håkan