non-trivial supervisor idioms?

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Tue Sep 28 15:18:21 CEST 2010

Hi Mazen,

I understand your rationale, but I'm not so sure it's a cause for
concern. The node/application is entirely dependent on the
availability of those "generic" apps. By putting all parts of the app
under one supervisor I have a situation where any issues will allow
the node to behave in a controlled way. I believe that the approach of
a single top-level supervisor for the app and dependencies is
definitely an "OTP" thing to do. Possibly the only drawback is that it
uses undocumented APIs (the sups) from libraries in the platform.
However, I'm interested in further thoughts from yourself or others on
this point.

Regards,
Steve