ANNOUNCE: ibrowse-2.0.0

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Thu Sep 23 01:36:23 CEST 2010

Apologies for the badly formatted version. This should be more readable.

  * Added option preserve_chunked_encoding. This allows the
    caller to get the raw HTTP response when the
    Transfer-Encoding is Chunked. This feature was requested by
    Benoit Chesneau who wanted to write a HTTP proxy using
    ibrowse.

  * Fixed bug with the {stream_to, {Pid, once}} option. Bug
    report and lot of help from Filipe David Manana. Thank you
    Filipe.

  * The {error, conn_failed} and {error, send_failed} return
    values are now of the form {error, {conn_failed, Err}} and
    {error, {send_failed, Err}}. This is so that the specific
    socket error can be returned to the caller. I think it looks
    a bit ugly, but that is the best compromise I could come up
    with.

  * Added application configuration parameters
    default_max_sessions and default_max_pipeline_size. These
    were previously hard coded to 10.

  * Versioning of ibrowse now follows the Semantic Versioning
    principles. See http://semver.org. Thanks to Anthony Molinaro
    for nudging me in this direction.

  * The connect_timeout option now only applies to the connection
    setup phase. In previous versions, the time taken to setup
    the connection was deducted from the specified timeout value
    for the request.