[erlang-questions] gen_leader usage/pointers

Piotr Kaleta piotrek.kaleta@REDACTED
Thu Sep 23 00:52:43 CEST 2010

 First of all, few (if not all) versions of gen_leader implementations
has been gathered on github here:
http://github.com/KirinDave/gen_leader_revival.
As README says, you should use the 'combined_version'.

A good starting point with tutorial is located at:
http://order1.blogspot.com/2007/10/scalable-data-structures-in-erlang-and.html

However you should remember that current versions of gen_leader works in
a way that you have to statically define the list of nodes that can
become master in case of other nodes failure. Current implementations
however, are incapable of adding nodes that might claim master role in
future, at runtime. This makes gen_leader incapable of working in
unstable environments when all of master nodes might go down for some
reason.