eunit status messages

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Wed Sep 22 10:32:10 CEST 2010

Hi!

I checked the eunit code and want to make sure that I didn't miss
anything: when starting a test run, there is an undocumented option
'report' that should allow to register a process to receive status
messages. I tried it but I get strange bahaviour, maybe I'm doing
something wrong?

1> eunit:test(mod, [{report, self()}]).
  Test passed.
ok
2> receive X->X after 5 -> nothing end.
{start,#Ref<0.0.0.67>}
6> receive X->X after 5 -> nothing end.
nothing
7> eunit:test(mod, [{report, self()}]).
  Test passed.
ok
8> receive X->X after 5 -> nothing end.
nothing

It works the first time, but not afterwards. Also I would have
expected to see the status messages defined in eunit_proc...

I will try to dig deeper into the code, but some pointers would be
much appreciated.
Would it be a problem to make this functionality public and documented?

best regards,
Vlad