running an Erlang OTP application on a production Linux server

Jim Morris wolfmanjm@REDACTED
Mon Sep 20 10:15:13 CEST 2010

Yes I have upstart and I mention that as an option in my article.
However it does not handle logging the way I wanted it, and upstart
seems to be in a state of flux so I didn't want to use it.  It is also
only available on the latest version of Ubuntu, and not all my servers
run a version that has upstart.

However I agree it can do the job, but you do need to add a pre-stop
stanza if you want to shutdown gracefully, otherwise it does exactly
what daemontools does, which was the whole point of my article :)