Supervisor gets killed if a worker is killed

Tushar Deshpande tushar.erlang@REDACTED
Fri Sep 17 23:52:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've just started with OTP.  I wrote my first OTP application.
I started a root supervisor and a worker process.

The worker process performed as expected.  But, when
I killed the worker using Appmon, I observed that the
supervisor too was killed.  Why did it happen?

Here's the childspec for the worker process
{hsr_server, {hsr_server, start_link, []}, permanent, 2000, worker,
[hsr_server]}

hsr_server is the worker process

I would very much appreciate any help/suggestions.

Best Regards,

Tushar Deshpande