[erlang-questions] node to node message passing

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Mon Sep 13 21:55:57 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Morten Krogh <mk@REDACTED> wrote:
>  Hi Erlangers.
>
> During some test with node to node communication, I sent a large binary from
> a process on node A
> to a process on another node, node B. I also sent some smaller messages from
> other processes on node A to other
> processes on node B. It turned out that the large message blocked the later
> messages. Furthermore, it even blocked
> the net tick communication, so node A and B disconnected from each other
> even though the large message was being transferred!

Just for clarification could you say what you mean by "large", "small"
etc. -  I have no idea what this means - it might mean 10's of MBytes
it might mean GBytes - without knowing I have no idea as to how
realistic your expectations are.

/Joe