[erlang-questions] System limit bringing down rex and the VM

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Thu Sep 9 15:02:46 CEST 2010

On 9 September 2010 13:37, Musumeci, Antonio S <
Antonio.Musumeci@REDACTED> wrote:

>  And as I recall if you start erlang in minimal mode and manually start rex
> it is not part of the primary supervision tree and can therefore be killed.
> Why doesn't it then force the VM to fail?

This is a bit like saying that if you disconnect the brakes on a car, and
then drive it, it doesn't stop when you press the brakes! rex isn't supposed
to be started like that in a "real" system.

I think what everyone is trying to tell you is, from what you've written so
far, there is nothing in erlang which is making it impossible for you to
design a robust system. In other words, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Chandru