[erlang-questions] debian & ubuntu R14B

Vincenzo Di Somma vincenzo.di.somma@REDACTED
Sat Oct 30 23:40:17 CEST 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 01:24 +0400, Max Lapshin wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Vincenzo Di Somma
> <vincenzo.di.somma@REDACTED> wrote:
> >
> > It's actually the other way around, why would I have erlang-corba on my
> > machine if I only run say CouchDB?
> > Thanks,
> >                        vds
>
> I'm not speaking about "what can be in ideal world". I'm speaking
> about: have you ever deselected erlang-corba, when running only
> couchdb?

Sorry I am speaking of an ideal world, because I don't see it very far.
In Ubuntu, at the moment we have around 50 packages out of one single
Erlang tarball. If we can only move the effort a bit the from creating
distribution packages to releasing a tarball that can be packaged more
easily, it will pay a lot in the long term.
Thanks,
		vds