[erlang-questions] cp in erlang traces

Ahmed Omar spawn.think@REDACTED
Fri Oct 29 00:39:02 CEST 2010

*CP*The continuation pointer, i.e. the return address for the current call.
Usually useless for other than runtime system developers. This may be
followed by the function into which the CP points, which is the function
calling the current function.
http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/erts/crash_dump.html#id68876

i think, someone correct me please, fprof does already use it actually to
determine the order of the call in the stack.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Joel Reymont <joelr1@REDACTED> wrote:

> Assume a trace from erlang:trace that looks like this:
>
> {trace_ts, Pid, call, {_M, _F, Arity} = Func, {cp, CP}, TS}
>
> What does CP stand for here and how would you use it if you were building
> your own profiler?
>
> This does not seem to be documented in the man page for erlang:trace.
>
>        Thanks, Joel
>
> ---
> http://twitter.com/wagerlabs

Best Regards,