[erlang-questions] enif_send from a thread after NIF returns

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Tue Oct 26 15:32:06 CEST 2010

On Oct 26, 2010, at 2:29 PM, Rapsey wrote:

> I launch it in the load function of the nif (that gets called automatically). I don't join it anywhere.

What I'm trying to point out is that if you do this from a function and don't join then you'll crash the VM very quickly.

I don't understand why and how it works in your case. My guess is that unload is never called and thus no join is called for. Again, the docs state that detached threads are impossible and joining is a must.

---
http://twitter.com/wagerlabs