[erlang-questions] couchdb performace 10x: using NIF for file io

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Sun Oct 24 19:35:57 CEST 2010

Dave,

On Oct 24, 2010, at 6:12 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> +A anything won't help you anymore. You are now doing the I/O on the
> VM scheduler thread and blocking ANY erlang code (on that scheduler)
> while the file op runs.

Are you sure of this? Can you refer me to the spot in the VM code where I can learn more?

The reason I'm surprised is that increasing the number of threads in the async thread pool had a clear effect on my benchmark. Spikes were, basically, eliminated.

	Thanks in advance, Joel

---
http://twitter.com/wagerlabs