[erlang-questions] Pretty-printing Erlang

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Oct 21 15:27:40 CEST 2010

Actually, erl_scan now supports the options 'return_whitespace' and
'return_comments', so it should at least be possible to preserve
formatting and comments in future tools.

BR,
Ulf W

On 21 Oct 2010, at 12:03, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

> With the advent of refactoring and other source code transformation
> tools, a pretty-printer that keeps track of how the original looks
> like is badly needed. Many tools have their own version of
> pretty-printer, but I'm not aware of any that goes all the way. The
> closest reference I know of is ParsErl
> (http://www.erlang.se/euc/07/papers/1200ParsErl.pdf), but I can't find
> any publicly available tool based on it.

Ulf Wiger, CTO, Erlang Solutions, Ltd.
http://erlang-solutions.com