[erlang-questions] confusing returns from httpc:request/4

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Wed Oct 13 10:53:20 CEST 2010

Hi!

The only reason that the httpc-client will return the value {error,
socket_closed_remotely}
is that the connection is prematurely  closed by the server.
Unfortunately  that something
is sent on a tcp socket does not mean it has been sent on the wire
yet, and depending on
the circumstances it is possible for the socket to be closed before
all data has been sent
so occasionally a tcp_close can come before all data is delivered.

When you use ibrowse do you verify that you always get a correct body?
(compleate body) from what I can tell from the code ibrowse will on a
tcp_closed  message always return whatever happens to be in the buffer
compleate or not.

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB