[erlang-questions] confusing returns from httpc:request/4

Anthony Molinaro anthonym@REDACTED
Thu Oct 7 20:00:57 CEST 2010

Hi Dan,

   A quick websearch turned up

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2126630/erlangs-maximum-number-of-simultaneous-open-ports

which seems to suggest you might be at the maximum allowable open file
descriptors and need to update it.

I've had less than stellar results with httpc (see old posts on this group
http://groups.google.com/group/erlang-programming/browse_thread/thread/1d94595c83b21ef6/1b2416a346b65596?lnk=gst&q=httpc#1b2416a346b65596
http://groups.google.com/group/erlang-programming/browse_thread/thread/2f3684d1433c465d/2866bae1935138a2?lnk=gst&q=httpc#2866bae1935138a2).

I would highly recommend ibrowse though, it's worked really well.

-Anthony