[erlang-questions] node.js compared to erlang

Tony Arcieri tony.arcieri@REDACTED
Wed Oct 6 21:47:54 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Raoul Duke <raould@REDACTED> wrote:

> fundamentally, as a narrow-minded, often statically-typed-bigoted,
> jerk, i don't understand how anybody could see javascript and think
> "this is *so good* we *have* to extend its use to all other areas of
> programming endeavour!"

The interesting thing about JavaScript is people are used to using it in an
asynchronous, callback-driven manner where time is spent outside the
interpreter doing other things, namely the web browser waiting on events for
the JavaScript interpreter. Because of this, JavaScript is a "natural"
environment for the sort of asynchronous, callback-driven programming that
Node offers.

I am not a fan of JavaScript as a language in general, though.

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh! A Kudelski Brand