Erlang SNMP agent coexisting with net-snmp?

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Tue Oct 5 19:16:20 CEST 2010

Hello!

I have an Erlang application and I want to return some stats about the
application and the host via SNMP. Some of the stats (for example disk
usage or load average) is already implemented by the snmpd in the
net-snmp package (or at least there's a bundled example configuration
file which can provide this data). The application-related stats can
be queried from the application.

I was wondering if it's possible that use the net-snmp snmpd as the
SNMP master agent and the Erlang application as a subagent, so a
single SNMP interface would return all data, but I haven't found in
the documentation that Erlang would support AgentX. This (of course)
excludes the other way, that the Erlang is the master and the net-snmp
is the sub.

I can also implement the host-based counters in Erlang or use the
'pass' or 'exec' directives in net-snmp to get the application-based
counters via an other interface from the application.

Am I missing an other alternative? Maybe an AgentX implementation for Erlang?