SSL in R14B

Ingela Andin ingela@REDACTED
Mon Oct 4 09:11:25 CEST 2010

Hi!

This mail is to inform you that we decided to change the ssl
"verify_fun" option in a non backwards-compatible
way compared to R14B. The reason is that we want to differentiate
between a CA cert and the peer cert
in the call to the "verify_fun" as some older certs may not include
extensions that allows the user to make that
distinction.

If you are using R14A format of the "verify_fun" it will be converted
in a compatible way so the problem is only
for  R14B users.  So if you are using this option in R14B please use
the latest versions of ssl and public_key applications
ssl-4.1 and public_key-0.9 that are available at github.

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB