"wx:demo()." / static example / possible bug on Ubuntu 10.04 / Erlang R13B04/R14B

Boris Mühmer boris.muehmer@REDACTED
Sat Oct 2 23:31:28 CEST 2010

I just noticed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 system (actually running
within a KVM virtual machine), that the "wx:demo()."/static-Example
(using the R14B binary) gives a better result than on my
(self-compiled/installed) Ubuntu 10.04 systems.

On my windows systems the "wxStaticText" alignment is correct (left /
center / right), but on my Ubuntu 10.04 system, all three text are on
the left. This is true for Erlang R13B04 and R14B.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?

I noticed another interesting different behaviour between Windows and
Ubuntu Erlang (R14B, possible other versions as well): "wx:demo()."
doesn't return any warnings or errors on a windows box at all... on
Ubuntu there are several Gtk-Warnings and an "WX INTERNAL ERROR:
Failed to send return or event msg"... The warnings/errors on Ubuntu
aren't around all the time; they also depend on the examples started.

  - boris