Who is killing my process?

Mihai Balea mihai@REDACTED
Tue May 18 18:42:44 CEST 2010

Hi all,

In one of my systems I have a bunch of worker processes that are spawned on demand using a simple_one_for_one supervisor. Occasionally, one of the workers dies and the supervisor reports the reason as "killed".  To my knowledge, that means some external entity is sending that process a kill signal, the problem is I am not able to figure out where it comes from. There is no place in my code that calls exit(Pid, kill). Tracing on the supervisor's shutdown functions show that they are not called. Is there any way one can tell who is killing the process?

Thanks,
Mihai