Erlang, Mnesia and Saas data isolation

Marcel Meyer marcel.meyer@REDACTED
Sat May 8 20:27:24 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I'm looking into Erlang and of course Mnesia to see whether and how it can
be used to build a Saas platform. The interfacing bit seems generally easy:
REST using YAWS looks feasible (thanks to some great talks from Steve
Venoski). The data aspect pieces of this puzzle still seems opaque.
One of the requirements is complete data segregation between clients, eg. 1
database per client. More than that, each client can have many data silos,
which should also be kept separate from each other. The scaling trend is
that both client databases and the client's silos will keep increasing.
How would this look in Mnesia? How does # of databases scale using Mnesia?
Can I load and start 10000's of Mnesia databases on a server?  I know that
Mnesia is also not the place to store ever growing data, so audit trails
etc. might be moved out using the disk_log module.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!
Kind regards,
Marcel