[erlang-questions] Special syntax for dictionaries

Sergey Samokhin prikrutil@REDACTED
Fri May 7 22:16:49 CEST 2010

> I personally don't think that we need or should have a special syntax
> for dicts

After some thinking and rereading I should admit that Richard O'Keefe
is right and what I actually need is more like frames/structs than
dictionaries (actually, I don't even need indexes on keys, because my
documents are quite small). Garbage collected atoms + frames/structs
are enough.

With atoms not being garbage collected frames/stuct can only be
*almost* dynamic, because using them for representing deep and dynamic
data structures (JSON/XML/YAML) will soon lead to leaking atoms.

--
Sergey Samokhin