[erlang-questions] logging out of shell without shutting down VM

Wed May 5 09:17:36 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 07:54:15PM -0700, tyler gillies wrote:
> I googled for awhile on this but all the examples i found to exit out
> of shell also shut down the VM

For the full (?) explanation of the right (?) way:
    http://erlang.org/doc/system_principles/ (esp. Starting a Target System)
Might do what you want but be to complicated.

For a completely different approach:
    http://erlang.org/doc/man/erl.html  see the -detached flag
Does not do what you say you want but might
solve your actual problem depending on what it is.