[erlang-questions] two epmds running

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Tue Mar 16 15:36:20 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Anthony Shipman <als@REDACTED> wrote:
> Sometimes it happens that I discover two epmd processes running. One of
> them is in a tight loop consuming 100% of CPU time. My guess is that the
> second one is started automatically because the first one is no longer
> responding. Is this a known bug in epmd?

I think we have seen this before, one of them is probably violently
logging "epmd: epmd: error in accept" as well. We have only seen this
on boot-up of a machine, probably due to several Erlang VMs trying to
start up at the same time. We don't currently have a solution for this
issue (mostly because we don't know the root cause yet).

I am not sure we get two of them, it might be just one in our case.

-bob