[erlang-questions] EEP 18 (JSON BIFs)

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Mon Jun 28 14:14:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

Since we have introduced NIFs as a way to implement and dynamically
load parts of the functions in a
module in C there is no need to introduce new BIFs (Built In
Functions) for encoding /decoding between
Erlang terms and JSON.
EEPs are suggestions regarding extensions of the language and standard
libraries. And BIF's are mostly regarded as
part of the language. Now we don't need a new BIF just because
something is implemented in C (for efficiency reasons)
and thus no EEP.

The suggested functionality in EEP 18 is still very valid and we
welcome the implementation of JSON library or module
that we can include in the distribution or that is distributed separately.

/Regards Kenneth , Erlang/OTP Ericsson