erlang in erlang

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Sat Jun 12 21:57:03 CEST 2010

So, there I was this morning thinking, surely there's an erlang
implementation of the A.K.Erlang calculations. Wandering around a bit
I saw a few online calculators, and some windows programs selling at
~150-200 bucks or more. Crazy.

I thought, "just how hard can it be?". So after a few hours, I had a
(seemingly correct) module in erlang that calculates Erlang units,
Erlang-B, Extended-Erlang-B, Erlang-C and for fun added functions for
"Average Speed of Answer" and "Service Availability". In less than 200
lines.

I'm now wondering how these can be used/modified to get objective
assesments of internet (esp Web/HTTP) services...

----- erl_calc.erl -----
%%
-module(erl_calc).

%% Base formula API for Erlang analysis
-export([erlangs/2, erlang_b/3, extended_erlang_b/4, erlang_c/3,
engset/4]).

%% Useful derivative data
-export([wait_time/3, service_level/4]).