[erlang-questions] SCTP support

shehan shehan@REDACTED
Fri Jun 11 03:59:40 CEST 2010

Hi Tomas,
Pls install below lksctp RPMS.Then problem should be solved.

lksctp-tools

lksctp-tools-doc

lksctp-tools-devel

Br,
Shehan
-----Original Message-----
From: erlang-questions@REDACTED [mailto:erlang-questions@REDACTED] On
Behalf Of Kukosa, Tomas
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 7:08 PM
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: [erlang-questions] SCTP support

Hello,

I have problem with opening SCTP socket. See
-----------
Erlang R13B04 (erts-5.7.5) [source] [64-bit] [smp:2:2] [rq:2]
[async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.7.5  (abort with ^G)
1> gen_sctp:open().
** exception error: bad argument
     in function  gen_sctp:open/1
        called as gen_sctp:open([])
2>
-------------

I try it on SLES 11 64bit (kernel 2.6.27).

SCTP on this system works well if I use sctp_darn (from lksctp-tools
package) or if I use OpenJDK7 with SCTP support.

Erlang/OTP has been configured and compiled with --enable-sctp option.

What shall I check to find where the problem could be?

When I try to localize problem I have found that following call fails:
2> prim_inet:open(sctp).
{error,badarg}

Any hint is welcome.

Best regards,