[erlang-questions] log4erl as system logger

Ahmed Ali ahmed.nawras@REDACTED
Fri Jun 4 15:31:19 CEST 2010

Hi All,

It's funny that I've just responded to a query of a user few days ago
about the exact subject. Please find my copy-and-pasted response
below.

You can forward all error_logger requests to log4erl. You can do that using:

<code>
error_logger:delete_report_handler(error_logger), %% to disable
error_logger file output
error_logger:tty(false), %% to disable console output
log4erl:error_logger_handler(). %% to get all error_logger
</code>

You can check that log4erl is handling error_logger logs using:
> gen_event:which_handlers(error_logger).

I hope this answers your question. If not, please let me know.

Best regards,

Ahmed