[erlang-questions] erlang's binary representation of 7 compared to other languages

Woody Peterson woody.peterson@REDACTED
Fri Jul 30 19:50:41 CEST 2010

> Btw the 7
> is BEL in the ascii characters, unfortunately \b is already taken.

> AFAICT from a quick search, \a was added in ANSI C.

Thanks, and I found out what the problem was, btw. Through a misuse of
the ruby library, bert, my test was encoding bert's binary output to C
escape sequences. Since erlang can *almost* decode those to the same
binary representation, I thought that was the intended behavior (which
is silly). Your "btw" comments and a couple side conversations nudged
me to realize this sillyness... much appreciated