[erlang-questions] erlang's binary representation of 7 compared to other languages

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Fri Jul 30 03:36:10 CEST 2010

I think this is just because Erlang does not recognize the "\a" encoding
and instead just recognizes "a" ("\07" seems best in this case, and is
equivalent to "\a"):
<<"\n">>
<<"a">>
<<7>>