[erlang-questions] VM silently exits

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Wed Jul 28 22:42:16 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 22:29, Steve Vinoski <vinoski@REDACTED> wrote:
> With R13B04 running on Montavista Linux, I've seen a few cases
> recently where the Erlang VM simply exits without any log messages,
> crash dumps, or coredumps.

Hi,

I got something similar a while ago, with SuSe, but the lack of a
coredump was caused by some weird setting that I don't remember right
now (it worked for some programs but not all, notably not erlang). Are
you sure that core dumps are enabled properly on your system? You can
try to kill the VM manually, to see if there is a core dump or not.
(BTW, in my case it was a memory problem).

regards,
Vlad