[erlang-questions] This *SHOULD* be simple... compile a string to assembler.

Masklinn masklinn@REDACTED
Fri Jul 23 10:06:48 CEST 2010

On 2010-07-23, at 09:15 , Michael Richter wrote:

> The real point of this message lies in documentation.  There was a recent
> thread in the mailing list in which some people made semi-to-fully-snide
> comments about "knowing the toolbox" because someone hand-rolled a custom
> zip* function instead of using lists:zip which he should have known about if
> he had only read the docs.  (I'll let you picture the very Victorian back of
> the hand to the forehead routine while reading that previous sentence's
> closing clause.)

Given I'm apparently targeted here, I'm going to ask you to kindly go screw yourself. My remark was not snide in the least and a simple answer to a commenter asking whether his solution was thought as "plain bad or just a newbie mistake/error".

It was also highly mitigated by concerns about the discoverability of the Erlang documentations

Again, screw you.