[erlang-questions] Re: Volunteers wanted for new project

Dale Harvey dale@REDACTED
Thu Jul 22 17:12:31 CEST 2010

On 22 July 2010 15:33, Tim Fletcher <mail@REDACTED> wrote:

> > In short, if something that non-customer users consider desirable for
> > Erlang/OTP hasn't happened atwww.erlang.org, it's probably because
> there's
> > no corporate budgeting for it, but corporate *also* won't allow it to be
> > done by volunteers.
>
> I can understand how there wouldn't be any financial/human resource
> from Ericsson for this kind of thing, but I didn't want to rule out
> the possibility of opening things up to a team of volunteers.
>
> Another naïve suggestion: Ericsson donates erlang.org to the community
> (who enlists a team of volunteers to develop a more "typical" language
> orientated site), and relocates their new OTP site to erlang-otp.com
> (or similar).
>
> Otherwise, develop the new language orientated site at a new domain,
> e.g. erlang-programming.org (admittedly a bit lengthy, but erlang-
> lang.org would be silly!).

I think this is getting fairly off the original topic, so if anyone wants to
reply then
probably worth doing under a new topic, but I have erlangotp.com /
erlang-otp.com,
its currently a very quick wiki I put up, but its always been planned to
turn it
into a proper community resource, quite what that looks like right now is
hard to figure
out. but happy to get some input on it.