[erlang-questions] Re: Volunteers wanted for new project

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Thu Jul 22 16:27:48 CEST 2010

2010/7/22, Michael Turner <michael.eugene.turner@REDACTED>:
[...]
> If I were at the VP level at Ericsson, and a proposal somehow got up to me
> about organizing nicely cataloged user-contributed packages written with
> Erlang/OTP (which would equally available to Ericsson competitors), I'd be
> furrowing my brow and asking, "Sounds like a worthy cause, a great project,
> but ... could you explain again what's in it for us?  I must have missed
> that part."

The community might find (and fix) a bug in core Erlang, before the
Erlang-based product is released. I don't know if this ever happened,
but I do know a fix that is released in a product and came from
(partly) outside Ericsson.