[erlang-questions] Volunteers wanted for new project

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Jul 22 15:43:39 CEST 2010

Michael Turner wrote:

> Bypassing human involvement entirely (the approach taken with the
> erlang.orgprojects page) means that the job of building a good
> database becomes an AI
> problem.  Not a very well-posed one, in this case.  Nor very well-solved
> either.

The projects.trapexit.org page does not bypass human involvement.

It does crawl the popular repos for erlang projects (although it
doesn't give Jungerl special treatment, which is the reason you
didn't find the parser as a separate project.) That is the
automated part.

It then allows people to rate projects based on a number of different
categories, or to add a wiki page or discussion post on trapexit.
That is the human interaction part.

There are numerous ways in which it could be improved and extended,
of course. We welcome constructive feedback on that point.

BR,
Ulf W
--
Ulf Wiger
CTO, Erlang Solutions Ltd, formerly Erlang Training & Consulting Ltd