New SSL related observation / question

tech@REDACTED tech@REDACTED
Tue Jul 13 21:28:53 CEST 2010

I have seen that using IE browsers connecting to https based servers returns a
MAC_ERROR using the R14A implementations.

Investigating further I see that the connection from the IE browser connects,
and in the ssl_cipher.erl module I saw that it shows the version as 3,1.  (3,1
indicates TLS)

The code in ssl_cipher that handles this is the function is_correct_padding, I
added the following pattern match as well:
## Added Code
is_correct_padding(_, {3, 1}) ->
    true;

, and the connection now seems to be working fine, is there any known problems
and / or side effects that someone know about with this change?

Thanks

--
-----
Mobile : +27 84 468 3138