kernel panic debugging

Joe Williams joe@REDACTED
Sun Jul 11 04:03:21 CEST 2010

Hey list,

I have a perplexing issue with a few Ubuntu 8.10 nodes running R13B04. Recently these machines have been crashing with kernel panics and the best I can tell is Erlang *might* be related. The last message I see in the resultant call trace is "Pid: 5299, comm: beam.smp Tainted G D 2.6.27-17-server #1", just prior to that it mentions smp.c calls as well. Unfortunately I can't go back further in the console history to see more details. I am not ruling out hardware or other issues but figured I would check to see if anyone else has seen something similar.

Thanks.
-Joe

Name: Joseph A. Williams
Email: joe@REDACTED