[erlang-questions] Something like csh "source" command in Erlang shell?

Lars-Åke Fredlund lfredlund@REDACTED
Thu Jul 8 16:14:38 CEST 2010

On 07/08/2010 02:11 PM, Attila Rajmund Nohl wrote:
> 2010/7/8, Michael Turner<michael.eugene.turner@REDACTED>:
>
>> Is there some way to read in a bunch of Erlang shell commands as if they'd
>> been typed in?  I'm thinking of something like the "source" command in csh.
>>
> file:eval/1 isn't what you want?

Does file:eval really permit executing normal shell commands?
That is, reading record definitions using rr("record.hrl") for instance?

I too would be very happy to have a source command functionality for the
shell.

Preferably the "source command" would be a normal function rather than a
shell command so that one could automatically read in a number of
definitions when Erlang starts without typing anything.