[erlang-questions] Slave node and open file

Bertrand Paquet bpaquet@REDACTED
Wed Jul 7 08:37:09 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 21:02, Nicholas Frechette <zeno490@REDACTED> wrote:
> Unless I am mistaken, the erlang master/slave modules are designed such that
> all IO (perhaps only file system IO) on the slave is redirected to the
> master. This allows slaves to read/write to the master while doing the heavy
> lifting on the remote cpu.
> I'm not sure if you can access the slave's file system that way.

Network IOs are not redirected, but stdout and file IO seems to be :-)

Do you know a solution to have the same function as slave:start,
without redirection ?
- start a remote node using rsh
- stop remote nodes when killing master

Actually, I do that with os:cmd("ssh remote erl ..."), but it's not
very clean. And the remote erlang vm is not killed when I kill the
master.

Regards,

Bertrand