native Erlang version of SFMT PRNG

Kenji Rikitake <>
Sun Jul 4 09:32:01 CEST 2010

A crude pure Erlang version of SFMT
(SIMD-oriented Fast Mersenne Twister) PRNG:

Note: this code is still ~300 times slower than the C code of SFMT
even when HiPE enabled on Erlang/OTP R14A at FreeBSD 7.3-RELEASE x86;
a NIF set will boost the speed.  I've already dissected the original
SFMT code for a thread-safe implementation at:

Kenji Rikitake
(well, if nobody does something for me, I have to do it anyway :))

In the message <>
dated Sun, May 30, 2010 at 04:52:56PM +0900,